Submission deadline in::

Welcome to visit Open Karelia:

You are here

game porting

29 posts / 0 new
Last post
lagutinans
game porting

Let's collect here ideas what games do we want to port to Maemo.  I guess we can select games that are easy to port to Maemo. The first porting exercise should not be very complex.

lagutinans
Well, i think it would be

Well, i think it would be great to have a port of [url=http://www.wesnoth.org]"Battle for Wesnoth"[/url]. It's very interesting turn-based strategy for Linux with huge Community. Besides where was a port of this game on maemo4, so IMHO it's not a problem to port it on maemo5.

lagutinans
The first idea is to contact

The first idea is to contact with people who did porting to Maemo4. I tried to compile "as it" (from Maemo4 repo), but some tricks are necessary (for example, scratchbox has ancient version of automake and it is not suitable for Wesnoth).

lagutinans
Let's start with more simple

Let's start with more simple task: very old game - xonix

Source code can be downloaded from ubuntu repo (what is the initial place for this source?)

I already managed to run it on my N900. But I did not create proper package.

TO DO:

upload libxp6 (git://git.debian.org/git/pkg-xorg/lib/libxp), x11proto-print-dev to the maemo repo (extras-devel?)

fix debian/control to get rid of SELinux dependency (I suggest to use gitorious.org and create maemo branch)

fix some UI glitches

upload package to extras-devel

create bugzilla component

make announcements 

I guess it is a good mini-project that can help to study SDK and tools

lagutinans
Another idea about games.

Another idea about games.

If we got Wine, working on maemo5, we got a huge bunch of games from Windows platform.

It will be a very interesting hack, i think.

And. Why porting? Maybe it is better to write new games, oriented to maemo5 and N900 hardware features. Some of ports, what i installed on my n900(Kobodeluxe, FreeCiv, etc) was very unstable, with bad controls integration(For example, it is impossible to play KoboDeluxe on n900, because controls a not responding at all :cry: )

I have an idea about mmorpg for tablet several months ago. The main idea was to connect devices throught wifi, and play.

Check it out:

You have a game, RPG for example. Your own personal hero with stats and perks. Anybody else have the same game in your WiFi zone.(or using Smart-Space voodoo magic ;) )

You connect your devices to each other and play. Its may be a PvP(Player vs Player)  competition :twisted: , or PvM(Player vs Mosters) game with dungeons, expirience gaining, magical artefacts, which do you hero stronger :twisted:  :twisted: . Different classes of character, etc.

Or it can be a shooter game. Like TeeWars.

Only one limitation, hardware resources, and battery  :(

P.S: Sory for my English. It's bad, real bad =\

lagutinans
Wine is not an emulator.

Wine is not an emulator. Windows native binary runs using real CPU, but Maemo device is ARM-based device and we need CPU emulator (performance, battery, ...). Plus Wine itself seems to be not very portable (see for example, wine-1.0.1/libs/port/interlocked.c).

Creating multiplayer games for N900 is  very good idea. The device is "always connected device", so network games are very suitable for it. May be even battery is not big limitation for it.

The initial idea of porting small simple games is just "education project", try to build, fix and publish small simple application to get familiar with Maemo.

lagutinans
[quote="vitaly_repin"][*

[quote="vitaly_repin"][*]Implementation simply does not work for me at all.  After 30 minutes of attempts with different settings.  Where can I ask the questions?  Whom can I ask them?  What about regular russian user who does not speak english?[/quote]

Russian users also can discuss on russian forum: http://oss.fruct.org/forum. Project developers will be glad to answer you questions.

[quote="vitaly_repin"][*] Marketing is even worse.  vkontakte.ru is of the same importance for Russia as facebook for Finland.  Try to google for "vkontakte maemo".  It will be hard to find the application.  Even worse, you will never guess from the application name (msa) that it has anything in common with "vkontakte" service. Why to hide the reality (application supports ONLY vkontakte service and it is much more than enough for the russian market and N900 owners) through incorrect name?  You can not even get "vkontakte" from application description in the application manager.  It tells "client for social networks".  Hmm.[/quote]

This is the first step of our work. We propose "multiservice agent", not only for vkontakte network. Over social networks will be added in next versions (possibly in next spring).

[quote="vitaly_repin"][*] In order to get the idea where to asks questions I needed to search for this mail in my mailbox (I receive FRUCT program mails on a regular basis).  Google didn't help.  I was able to find this link (in russian): https://oss.fruct.org/forum    And it does not allow me to register.  But I can see what developers are discussing.  And there is no place where it is stated HOW can I register to participate.  Very "open" community, yep.  Incredibly.  Ivory tower, yea?[/list][/quote]

The services on oss.fruct.org have common registration storage. You can have registration on base page (http://oss.fruct.org/registration/) and then login to forum. We restored both (direct and common) registration storages for the forum.

Adolfotran
Vey nice article. The custom

Vey nice article. The custom essay writing service for students can make content for their assignments and projects. The writing company is providing the full support to the graduates at online. The assignments, projects, essays, thesis etc are available for the students in here. The best writers are available for providing the wonderful tips and ideas for making their college writing papers.

rah000
nice guide
matronson
It is very good to see this

It is very good to see this Game porting. Actually, Naturesoft Bedding is providing organic bedding sets to improve your lifestyle.

Watson115
good Nucleation Assisted

good Nucleation Assisted Crystallization decreases calcium Aquasana Water Filter Reviews a manufacturer that makes use of the sort of innovation nice.

robertkirk
The porting is now become

The porting is now become very easy the source for any games is available in internet you can download it and run in your Maemo. This can be little hard process for first time. They are tutorials available in best essay blog which you can find URLs for source codes also.

alvinaash
Education

Vey nice article. The assignment writing help for students can make content for their assignments and projects. The writing company is providing the full support to the graduates at online. The assignments, projects, essays, thesis etc are available for the students in here. The best writers are available for providing the wonderful tips and ideas for making their college writing papers.

Justin016
good about Songs Paradise Pro

good about Songs Paradise Pro Downloader. Well, guys   iTube App   your outcome by browsing a single key words nice. 

Vcedkklo
Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. After all I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again very soon!

192.168.l.l
ethan2017
totally agree. porting

totally agree. porting exercise should not be very complex!

json formatter tool to validate, edit JSON free

spanish to english translation and dictionary

bullet force games online free

javascript obfuscator and formatter

jiya
good article

Nowadays people are looking into varieties of games that are very interesting to play and choose the right bunch of games for porting. Select the games of your interest and do the necessary porting with the help of efficient gamers. cheap internet

bhargava
game porting

Bridging the generation gap: Porting games to new platforms .... "We always talkedabout how important exploration was in TLOU, and all these Blit Software was founded in 2007 by engineers with extensive experience in the video game industry. We love porting apps because it is a great technical Accompanying the port announcement was some background from the development team on how the console ports have actually come 

aptoide download

elllensmith15
Great Blog

I would really recommend you to add something so that the page won’t be blank making it more pleasing to viewers. I do understand the fact that the page was a test to check whether it works or not. The Triple Play

Adolf alexander
These days individuals are

These days individuals are investigating assortments of diversions that are exceptionally fascinating to play and pick the correct cluster of amusements for porting. Ready Dissertation Help .Select the recreations of your advantage and do the vital porting with the assistance of productive gamers.

hellenjos
I know the names of some

I know the names of some games but not interested to play them in Maemo. There are lots of simple games use can port them to Maemo. It is difficult to port complex games and first simple games are better than the huge ones. sell your yyz miles for cash

DAVIDWARNER
GREAT

The composition organization is giving the full help to the graduates at on the web. The assignments, ventures, papers, postulation and so forth are accessible for the understudies in here. Coursework Writing Service The best authors are accessible for giving the magnificent tips and thoughts for making their school composing papers. 

chensolo
Authentic Nike Football Boots
milanjoy
good article

Hope it’s an exclusive space for game porting. As a new visitor here I think this information is not enough to understanding the whole idea. If possible include more as soon as possible.wedding day emergency kit

html color
Your post was really. The

Your post was really. The local validation and internal content will be able to transfer. usps tracking map

hellenjos
I don’t know much about game

I don’t know much about game porting. But I have heard about this. It would be better if you add some detail about this on the site so that we can understand more and can learn many things from this.wholesale tablet

bloxorz
slither io

I regularly visit your site and find a lot of interesting information. Thank you and look forward to your page growing stronger.

slither io